Standard Chartered 2008

Sunday, December 07, 2008


My first time taking part in standard chartered. My first experience trying to stretch my limit.My first time experience running in the morning UNDER the hot sun!

It was fun. For once, i completed 10km without stopping. During nike run, i stopped after running less than 3km. And for once, i think the exit to rocher road is VERY FAR! And the slope is STEEP! It's like endless. Y don't i feel it when i was driving? Hmm... Car really is powerful!

Bf rode me there. We intended to use rocher, but it was close, and somehow he managed to reach Funan. Yea. THen i quickly go find joyce, karen and lynn.



And finally, after waiting for a while, the race started. It was super slow at the start, and some people already started WALKING!!! ANGRY! i tried to squeeze in front to get more space to run. Was trying to get into my normal pace. Actually, for the entire run, it was always crowded. Haha. Just that crowd was lesser at the back, but overtaking still seems to be a motivation to go faster and not stopping.

The sun was strong.. very glaring too. THe heat was intense, and the road was long. I almost stopped when i was running on straight road with the sun glaring in front of me. I tried to ignore the drink stations, although it really is tempting to stop and drink 100 PLUS! hehe.

And at long last, i finished the 10km run in 74mins. An achievement for me! Boy am i looking forward to my next run.

Was waiting for the girls after i got my mineral water. I was craving for 100 plus. Waited for Lynn before going to get our 100plus. I lost my medal while holding the drink, but glad my dearest colleague helped me get one! :)



Real glad we all finished without collapsing. It really takes lots of determination to complete this. One step more means one less step to the finishing line. Endure. One can achieve a lot if they push themselves more.

Will be looking forward to my next run... what will it be?

12/07/2008 11:48:00 PM|