New Year Resolution

Sunday, January 04, 2009


Been pondering a lot a bout my new year resolution. What do i want to achieve? Earn BIG BUCKS? Have a fulfilling life? Have a balanced life? Have a self-less life?

Yesterday afternoon, i tried to call friends out to chill for a while, then i blanked. How many friends do i have that i could call out and chill with? First in the list, Sharon. She was working till 3. I knew qianni will be studying, or something, then other friends have their bf. I attempted to ask a sec sch fren out, but i just don't know how to go about asking. Sigh. It's like, i can only hang out with some of them in groups. Sigh. Y is that so?

I took a long time to think. Sharon they all once mentioned about "Initiative". In order to build a friendship, one should have initiative. I mentioned to bf, he only brushed it off saying,"if only u have e initiative, but e others dun bother, what is the use of it". But chatting with sharon n qian, i noticed, it may not be tt case. They are taking initiative too. It's just that, i never really take up the challenge to initiate on small gathering. Since i have a car now, maybe i could. Shall try to do that. Maybe just start jioing some of my sec sch gers. hmm. Wanna jio eileen,geot, n kj out for supper too.. but i'll have to travel to e east.

Another new year resolution rosen up when i met the girls i went on France Summer trip with - Grace(Elephant leg), Avanti, Wan Cheng(small eyes) and Shirley(garfield). Grace founded a small organisation to donate books to villages in Indonesia. She presented to directors of company and urge them to sponsor or donate books for a good cause. Imagine that, on top of her busy schedule, she did not mind spending time doing this, and all this started off with a dream. It seemed that God sent her to do all this. Sigh. I want to be in this too. Further discussions was concluded to do this work together when we go visit grace in jakarta. I wish that day will happen.

In the short evening together, i founded back the bond we once had, and we still have. I was happy that we can still meet and we still care for one another. I hope this friendship lasts. I wish to be self-less too, for needy people. I hope i can have an opportunity to start somewhere.

True, I am in debts, trying to pay bank for my NTU sch loans. I am paying for my PC loans i loaned from NTU. I am paying for half of the car installment, as well as the petrol. I am giving allowance to my parents. So, to pay for all that, i am searching for assignments to earn more money. But in the midst of all those, i wish to have a more balanced life. A life filled with friends. A life which includes sports. A life which is not self-less. All that requires effort and time, and i wish to do that. I'll just start off with sports. Last few weeks have been infected with stupid cough,sore throat virus. Now, fully recovered, i am ready to charge!

Xia wants a fulfilling life filled with friends and meaning things which can be done. Xia wants to be pretty, and sporty too!Xia wishes to survive with any amount she can get from work n tuitions. Xia wishes to achieve all that. Can she do it?